Sunday, January 2, 2011

Having a moment of anger...feel free to ignore me.

I'm beyond disgusted with the leaders of the church, both early and current ones.  I am enraged when I think of the people that lost their lives trekking across the United States, the people that died in the Mountain Meadows Massacre, and all of us who have been members as we have been manipulated and lied to and had it pounded into our heads the importance of obedience and blind faith.  When I think of people who've taken their own lives because of the faulty doctrine that unless you are straight, you are a deviant and damned to celibacy in this life or condemnation in the next, it makes me sick to my stomach. 

I feel absolutely helpless in dealing with these emotions.  What is my recourse here?  Where's the payback?  I'm sending in my resignation papers in about 12 hours.  Myself and 2 of my 3 girls will have our names removed from the records of the church.  Also, I will do my utmost to get the information about the truth of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints out to my loved ones in the most effective way possible.  Still, I feel helpless.  It's not good enough.

2 comments:

  1. from what I understand anger is totally normal in your situation. Just be careful: don't let it take over and don't let it make the decisions for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again, roger here.

    You have every reason to feel angry and hurt so much, you have been lied to and deceived and now you know the truth. It's sad with religion because many of the people you want to help also be free like you, many of them are to brain washed for lack of better term, and many of them won't understand you what your trying to tell them. They are to brain washed to think for themselves. Maybe some of them you can help, but right now you need to focus on you, on your life, on building the kind of life you want to create for yourself and your children. It isn't helpless, and you can make a difference, you have already made a difference with your daughters, they are learning to see like you have, you are helping them be free. Their are some things, maybe your daughters who see like you can help some other youth they know see the truth about the church. But still you need to focus on your life, you need to live and now you really can live and be who you are, because your free now.

    ReplyDelete