Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Gag. Retch. Puke.

Today I did my normal seminary run and one of the girls I picked up handed a book to my daughter to read.  It is apparently some LDS teen romance novel, complete with a picture of the SLC temple in the background.  Wonderful.

Of course, in the split second I realized what kind of book it was fifty thousand thoughts flew through my head.  It went something like this:

"Ahh, neat, the indoctrination never ends."
"Haha!  It's not an adventure novel or Greek mythology!"
"It looks like a girly, romance, church fiction book.  Excellent, she hates that stuff."
"Oh, look.  She's making that 'Eww, it's dog shit!' face while profusely thanking the girl."
"Whew."
"Why am I making such a big deal of this?  The kid's happy with her decision to stay in the church and forcing her out would make her fight back even more."
"I need a beer."
"Dammit, I'm driving."
"Double dammit, I drank the last one in the fridge a few days ago."

...all that, and my day has barely started.  Anyways, whatever.  My kid is intelligent.  She'll figure things out eventually with my help.

No comments:

Post a Comment