Friday, January 14, 2011

Facebook Post Challenge

I was thinking the other day about how it just took one red flag (by the name of polyandry) to get me rolling on my research.  So, I posted something yesterday to kind of plant some seeds of doubt in the minds of the few LDS friends I have left on FB. 

Here's what I posted: "I'm going to risk a few friendships here, but I'd like to know if anyone out there knows what the term "polyandry" means...and how Joseph Smith is connected with it. Just do a little bit of research." 

You know what bugs me?  The only TBM that responded was the sweetest person on the face of the earth, who has stuck by me throughout my journey out of the church (basically, someone I really, really don't want to hurt)...and the handful of other TBMs did SQUAT.  No responses from them.  My hopes are that they were paying attention to the post and multiple responding posts from my fellow postmos.  My fear, though, is that they simply hit the "ignore" button in which case no seeds were planted.

3 comments:

  1. i posted.. and now its gone! what the fetch! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can bet your TBM friends were reading everything. They are just too chicken to post anything for fear of a backlash if they minutely agree with anything you say. Heaven forbid they "like" something out of the box and then the bish gets wind of it.

    ReplyDelete