Monday, December 27, 2010

I need to make more friends...

Last night after work I had one of those brief moments of clarity where I realized how truly lacking my social life is.  Seriously.  I have no life.  Zero.  For the last 15 years my life has been dedicated to my family.  For the last 9 years my life has been dedicated solely to the upbringing of my kids...add to that, the last couple of years have expanded slightly to include preparing for a career change.  And that about covers it. 

Ugh, so what do I do about this?  I've made some friends in school over the past few semesters and I'm happy about that, but it's not enough.  I have to admit that I'm not the kind of gal that walks into a room and owns it.  I'm not a party girl...by any stretch of the imagination.

It's been suggested that I look into the UU church.  I went ahead and logged onto their website to get an idea of what it's all about.  Really, the last thing I want to do is get involved in anything of a religious nature, but from what I can tell, the UU church isn't about religious dogma.  I don't know.  It seems like a decent place to meet people I guess, but we'll have to see.  I didn't feel terribly comfortable going to church before, so I can't really see feeling comfortable doing that now, you know?

Anyways, once again, I'm open to suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. The UUs aren't really "religious". They are like the non-religion. The congregation that I sporadically attend does not even mention God. It is basically a warm happy thought about being a good person, love, or helping others. BUT I have been out for awhile and could not have stomached attending at all at the beginning of my disaffection from the church.

    You don't have to go. There are other ways of finding friends. You might try www.meetup.com and see if there are any groups that interest you on that site in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again.

    Friends can make a big difference especially good ones, and ones that understand what your going through. I don't know about UU church myself. Your a good person in what I have read, you care about others a lot, and you would be a great friend to others. Friends can come where you least expect it, I have met some really good people at a bar before, and they were so nice, much much nicer than so many of the people in the church. I have met some really great friends online that I have known for years and talk on the phone with, one of them also realized the truth about the church and I have talked with her on the phone even we only met online. I have some friends who live close to me that I get along great with too. Friends can be close to you, or live far away.

    Well for friends, what do you like to do for fun, or something your interested in. Maybe you can find some groups in the area that have similar interests. Maybe their are some online sites you can find friends on too.

    That woman who was a member of the church and realized the truth about it, she was also a return missionary, and of all places I met her online at the adult friend finder site on a group page for church members who saw the church for what it was, so you never know where you meet good friends.

    You just need to be open, your a good person, good friends will come to you because your such a good friend to others already.

    ReplyDelete