Monday, December 20, 2010

Beer: Blech!

Yeah, that was gross.  So, my ex-husband says that particular beer is sweeter and less bitter than the others.  At first, yeah, it tasted fine, but it does have a bitterness to it.  ICK.  Nasty.  So, I suffered through one beer last night and I think I'm going to just give the remaining 5 to my ex-husband because I simply can't imagine gagging anymore of that stuff down again. 

So, I'm on the hunt again for something that doesn't taste like death but that gives me a slight buzz.  That nasty margarita did it for me a week or so back.  I didn't like the bitterness, though.  And it seems like "bitter" is a common thread with the alcohol I've tasted so far.  Yuck.  I can't handle that.

Okay, I'm thinking a bloody mary might taste good.  I like spicy tomato juice...if I understand it correctly thats basically what it is only with some vodka in it, right?  If it's that simple, then I can pull it off.  If not, there could be a problem because I am a freak of nature when it comes to recipes.  I'm naturally inclined to screw recipes up and I'm hesitant to "create" drinks at home.

I'm going to read back through past comments and see what suggestions I've received and go from there, but I would love more input.  Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. ok, you really can't go wrong with a fuzzy navel: orange juice and peach liquer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated beer at first too, it is definitely an acquired taste. I would suggest going and trying a Hefeweizen and add some lemon to it. All beer is better from the tap. If you go to a brew pub your waiter or the bar tender can help you out a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica - I'm too scared to go out to a bar...I'm a complete wuss that way. I will definitely keep the hefwschzzfssizenphftt thingy in mind. ;)

    Becca - THAT sounds like it could be really good...and EFFECTIVE as far as buzzes go. THAT is next on my list of things to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah it was big in the 80s...my highschool drink of choice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like beer either.

    I know I wasn't particularly fond of margaritas (it was also too bitter for me). Try drinks with rum in them, I find it goes down a lot easier than tequila/vodka/etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i just thought of another really good one: a brown cow. it's kahlua and cream. very yummy, like alcoholic chocolate milk

    ReplyDelete