Thursday, April 21, 2011

I almost posted this on my "other" blog...

I wonder how well the dwindling audience of my "other" blog (originally intended for my LDS family members and friends) would have taken this entry:  "I've forgotten how much I absolutely love Bailey's Irish Creme!!!"  It probably would have driven the remaining 2 people who visit it away. :)  I shouldn't care and, honestly, I'm getting really close to that point.  In fact, on FB I no longer block TBMs from reading my wall posts...and I've been posting more enlightening information about the church lately.  It's a pretty liberating feeling actually.

Anyways, I found these cute little Bailey's minis last night in the grocery store after I learned something new (and a little embarrassing) last night. My oldest and I went to pick up pizza to take home to everyone else and they had a fridge full of beer sitting there taunting me.  I figured since I've royally screwed up my diet the last few days I might as well get some beer, too.  When the lady asked me if I wanted it in a chilled glass, I told her I was going to take it home and drink it.  That didn't go over well with the cashier, unfortunately. She said that the beer had to be consumed there and that it couldn't be taken home.  How strange?  To me, forcing your customer to sit there and drink a beer while waiting for their takeout pizza and then expecting them to drive home in a decent condition seems unreasonable.  That's just me, though, and I guess I'm a lot more naive than I thought I was.  After one beer, I wouldn't even think of driving because I can't even really walk a straight line.  I know not everyone is like that, though, and I guess people would be tempted to open up the beer in the car and start drinking it then...so, I do see some validity to their reasoning.

Bailey's is every bit as wonderful as I remember it from my pre-mormon days.  When I was a teen, my mom used to keep a big jug of it on hand and never bothered to check the levels on it. Ahh, good (fuzzy) memories. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment