Friday, November 26, 2010

Blown Away By Stuff I Wasn't Supposed To Find Out...

I've been a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for the past 23 years.  I joined the church at the age of 17 and then served a Spanish-speaking mission, was married in the temple, and have faithfully raised my children in the church.  Just a little over a month ago, in an effort to kick up my church studies, I decided to become more familiar with the history of the church and I simply wasn't prepared for what I found.

This blog is for therapeutic purposes for me, but I welcome any comments you may have.  Mind you, I don't know how many people really enjoy getting mean/nasty comments on their blogs, but I'm willing to take them if you have something constructive to say.  I don't gaurantee that bearing your testimony will sway me, but I deeply appreciate any efforts made with a kind heart.

A little bit about myself, I'm a divorced mom of three terrific kids.  My ex-husband left the church when we divorced.  Perhaps I will talk about that in a future post.  For now, it's not something I want to focus on.  I work from home and I am just finishing up my last semester of co-requisites before I enter the RN program at the local college. 

In the last month, I've made every effort to get to know coffee again...ahh, my long lost love. ;)  It's been rough, though.  Back in the days before I joined the church, my mom used to buy Sanka and put a little Sweet and Low in it.  Things are a little different these days.  When I told a friend of mine, who works at Starbucks that I use Albertsons' brand instant coffee with some swiss mocha something-or-other, some Sweet and Low, and a bit of non-dairy powdered creamer stuff, he shook his head and told me that was definitely NOT acceptable. What would I do without my small handful of non-member friends?

3 comments:

  1. I just don't 'get' coffee! There's no logic to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coffee. It is my favorite apostate indulgence. Your friend is right though instant coffee of any kind is just not acceptable! I recommend getting a coffee pot or even a french press. The best grocery store coffee I have found is Duncan Donuts brand.

    Welcome to the post-mo/ex-mo world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. invest in a Keurig one-cup maker (worth the $90 for the low-end one) and experiment with flavors. I love the hazelnut and butter toffee and pumpkin spice ones with a little real half and half.

    ReplyDelete